Monday, December 26, 2005

KWANZAA YENU IWE HERI!

Habari gani? (What's the news?)
::Umoja! (Unity!)

Happy Kwanzaa, beautiful people. Peace to you & yours. We spent the morning painting the zawadi (gifts) for our family & friends. This year we crafted everyone a homemade kinara (candleholder) for the seven candles (red, black & green) that represent the Nguzo Saba (Seven Principles). Again, today we celebrate unity. It's fulfilling to come together as a unit for the sake of enriching the lives of others. The children were very proud of their contributions. Can't say we (the KING & eye) did not benefit, as well.

In my short-lived, long pursuit of happiness, it seems that some days breed more insecurity than others. The holidays, with all the good cheer & spirit, also contribute to anxiety that causes me not to enjoy certain moments due to the gastric problems surrounding this ulcer. For hours at a time, my stomach bubbles like seltzer water. It handicaps me to a degree, forcing me to sit still or either pay the price for trying to be up in the mix. It's amazing what too much stress will do to your body...well, your mind & spirit, too. Don't get it twisted.

"I know you see me shinin', but it ain't all glamorous."

=======

No comments:

Post a Comment