Friday, August 19, 2005

SHIRO MY HERO

Anyday now, eye will have before me the custom font for the Something To Cope cover. Once this manifests, Graf master-writer DJ Shiro will layout the cover design in its entirety & my born word will be printer bound. Ain't that something. Something To Cope. Bugged out!!!

For the past few weeks, eye have made it a priority to spend at least an hour in Borders, a couple times a week. Sure, it would pleasure me much more to hang out in the more vibey independently owned spots. Trust me. There is no monetary exchange going on between me or any desk clerk in the bookstore. It sickens me to spend my hard hustled dollars in major franchise establishments. (Now Wal-mart is an addiction, so it does not count.)...But for the sake of game, it is necessary for me to see what's happening on "the shole 'nuff track" that Rev. Ed mentioned in his Sermon on last Sunday morning.

It is crucial at this point that my hands are familiar with the fabric on possibly every type of book every made. Eye need to be able to identify the weight and color of paper by simply flipping any given page.

Does everyone use the same texture foil for embossed letters? Not sure.

Do books that are shrink-wrapped move as fast as books that are not? Don't know.

What are the various adhesives used for CD's inside books? Do books with audio price the same as those without?

My taste for quality book design has to be top notch & 100 percent on point. In accordance with every record that we have released through CountBassD.com. Quality! We demand it...we know that you do to.

This is school as far as eye can tell. So what eye never made it back for my Masters. It is my promise that eye will master this publishing game just like we have the recording game. Writehanded Dot Com will soon be a fully-functioning Press, in addition to the current press vehicle for affiliated music artists and independent interests.

Thank you for the magnificent support! MAGNIFICENT!

It was 10 years ago, this past February, that eye declared professional writing as my job. It was 10 years ago that eye started out on the track - freelance. My first published piece, as a "professional" was a commentary about Black History Month. For a small paper in Philadelphia. Oddly enough, it was an editor that eye met through AOL . This was when AOL was one of the only 3 online networks. None of this World Wide Web business.

It was my desire then, as much as now, to publish a full work. Yo, your girl is trippin'! This is mad overwhelming.

Eye am living out my dream.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment