Friday, September 5, 2008

REAL OR MEMOREX

With all of the music-related reality shows, there is no excuse for anyone trying to break into the business to be ignorant about "a day in the life". Even with the scripted scenes & editing, thick game is coming from the industry vets turned actors. Watching these shows (free online), has really helped me examine my own strengths & weaknesses as both an artist & executive. Twenty minute weekly tutorials in how to consistently step my game up can only serve me well. In order to maximize my gain, eye don't buy into the drama with the characters much, but watch the movers that really count - the moguls & henchmen. It's not all about the entertainment, but the edutainment. Try it, you might like it! For starters (in no particular order):

1. I Want to Work for Diddy
I Want to Work for Diddy - I Want to Work for Diddy, Season 1
2. Luke's Parental Advisory
Luke's Parental Advisory - Luke's Parental Advisory, Season 1
3. Run's House
Run's House - Run's House, Season 4
4. Keyshia Cole's The Way It Is
Keyshia Cole - The Way It Is
5. DMX:Soul of a Man
DMX: Soul of a Man - DMX: Soul of a Man, Season 1

-------

No comments:

Post a Comment